The Digi-Hotel

By: Amy Behrendt

 

By the way, this story takes place in the first season.

 

            The digidestined trudged across an endless desert, the sun cruelly shining on their backs.

            “Negative 5 bottles of sake on the way, negative five bottles of sake,” Joe sang. “Take one down and… And… Oh, never mind.”

            The group continued to march on uneasily. Just then T.K broke the silence.

            “Matt?” T.K tugged on Matt’s shirt. ‘Are we There yet?”

            “For the last time, no!” Matt snapped.

            “No, Are we THERE yet?” T.K pointed to a road sign that read

 

<-- There                      Here                 Then -->

 

            “Oh, great,” Tai groaned. “All we need now is the answer to ‘Why is a raven like a writing desk?’”

            “Actually, Tai,” Izzy commented. “I think I have the answer. It’s…”

            “Look!” Sora shouted. “It’s a hotel!”

            And lo and behold, in front of the digidestined, stood a huge luxury hotel, The Digi-Hotel.

            “Ooo! A hotel!” Mimi squeaked. She ran up to the front doors. “Hey! They’re unlocked!”

            The other digidestined followed behind cautiously.

            “It might not be safe, Mimi,” Joe stated.

            “There’s nobody in the lobby,” Mimi pointed out. She pushed open the tall glass doors and darted in. The rest went in any way. Kari picked up a hotel map.

            “I bet everyone would like to go in the indoor pool…” Kari said. A cheer rose within the lobby.

            “Look! Free continental breakfast!” Mimi squealed. “I bet there’s doughnuts and orange juice and milk and cereal and bagels and coffee…”

            “I think that we should go and stake out some rooms,” Izzy added. “I bet that there are suites…”

            "Wow! Suites!” Mimi cried. She ran for the closest elevator. The entire group piled in, too. As they came to the top floor, Mimi continued to the nearest suite. She burst through the door.

            “Look at all this stuff!” She said beamingly. “I bet there’s free shampoo and cable and a tiny refrigerator and a Jacuzzi and a bed stand with the little Bible thingie in it…”

            T.K opened up the closet to find eight pairs of swimming suits.

            “Hey, guys, look at what I found.”

            “Weird…” Izzy stared at the swimming suits confusingly.

            “Who cares?” Tai shouted. “Let’s go swimming!”

            “I don’t know,” Joe sighed. “I think I’m allergic to chlorine… I’ll just stay in the room. I wonder if they have HBO?”

            Soon after, the rest of the group went down to the pool

            “Marco!” Kari yelled.

            “Polo!” T.K replied.

            Mimi was floating in an inner tube.

            “Ahh… This is the life…”

            Tai snuck up behind her and splashed water onto her. Mimi shrieked and flew head over heels into the water.

            “Agg!” Mimi growled. “Don’t you know what chlorine does to my hair?”

            Mimi chased Tai while he was snickering.

            “Ha!” Tai laughed.

            “Come back here, Tai Kamia!” Mimi screeched. “I’ll get you for that!”

            Meanwhile, Sora was on the diving board, debating whether to go off or not.

            “Oh come on, Sora,” Biyomon pleaded.

            “Sora’s a chickenmon!” Gomamon taunted.

            “Am not!” Sora retorted. She took a big breath and jumped off in a dive. By the time she decided to kick back to the surface, her head hit the bottom. She let out a muffled cry and struggled back to the surface.

            “Gag… Cough… Help…” Sora hacked. Gomamon jumped in and fished Sora out.

            “She’s choking!” Gomamon stated. He put her out onto the poolside. Sora had trouble coughing up the water in her lungs. Everybody got out of the pool and gathered around Sora.

            “Great,” Matt moaned. “Where’s a doctor’s son when you need him?”

            Tai rushed over to Sora’s side.

            “I bet I’m going to regret this…” Tai muttered under his breath. He tilted Sora’s head back, lowered her jaw, took in a huge breath, and breathed into Sora’s mouth. He pushed down onto her stomach and repeated the several steps until she coughed up the water.

            “Oh… My god…” She rubbed her head in pain. After her vision cleared up, she saw everyone gawking at her and she saw Tai sitting beside her. She stared at Tai and he stared at her. Tai sat there, staring, until he snapped back to reality.

            “Uhh… Well, just don’t stand there! Get her a towel!”

            Tai glanced at Sora again. He blushed slightly but turned away and tried to look busy at something else. Biyomon helped Sora sit up.

            “Are you ok, Sora?” Biyomon asked with concern.

            “Yeah…” Sora responded. She smiled. “I’m glad Joe wasn’t here…”

 

The End

 

Back